DIY: Make Your Own CBD Hand Sanitizer
- How To Tutorials
The benefits of adding CBD oil to your homemade hand sanitizer
Several research studies have shown us that CBD can be used as an antibacterial. This valuable property of CBD makes it a perfect addition to your homemade hand sanitizer recipe. In addition to the antibacterial effects of CBD, CBD oil is a natural moisturizer that will help keep your hands soft and supple. So, whether following our recipe (below) or your own… a few drops of Kentucky’s Best Hemp CBD oil will take your sanitizer to the next level.
Will CBD hand sanitizer keep me from getting COVID-19?
The World Health Organization (the WHO) and the CDC are recommending hand sanitizer as a preventative measure in combating the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Hand sanitizer, in conjunction with handwashing, will help stop the spread of the virus. Although hand sanitizer is not a replacement for handwashing, using hand sanitizer when you can’t wash your hands is the next best option!
Kentucky’s Best Hemp CBD hand sanitizer recipe
- 5-10 drops of Kentucky’s Best Hemp CBD oil (try our natural flavor so you can customize the scent!)
- 10-15 drops of tea tree essential oil (tea tree oil has also been found to be antibacterial)
- 1 cup of rubbing alcohol (the higher the concentration, the better)
- ⅓ cup of pure aloe vera gel or witch hazel (creates the gel consistency)
- 8-10 drops of essential oil (try lemon or another citrus)
In a large mixing bowl, add your essential oils (tea tree + other essential oil). Add in the alcohol and aloe vera gel and mix—place mixture into small clean squirt bottles (or your empty hand sanitizer bottles). Spray bottles are also a great option.
Looking for more information on Kentucky’s Best Hemp oil and its benefits? Contact us today or learn more through our blog!